We're looking for some round pegs for square holes, no wait... forget that..
We're looking for amazing people to come join our core team here at 8Bit. We want those of you who like to work hard, laugh a lot and want to be involved in building something big. Something we believe could change the way people engage with websites on a daily basis.
We're a startup, so we often run off in new directions to find a new bone, only to decide we don't actually like bones.. 8Bit is fun, fast paced and always exciting - we can guarantee you that you will often laugh, occasionally shout and maybe even cry sometimes, but at the end of it all you'll be building something amazing, that millions of people have already engaged with in oneway or another, and we hope many hundreds of millions more will do so in the future.
So what do you get?
- A snazzy title and the designation No. 3.
- An 8Bit soccer jersey with the No. 3 on it - or an IOU to that effect.
- A pay-check - It wont be one of those big ones but you could print one at your own expense if you wish..
- Some lovely stock options that will vest over time [Remember the dude who painted that grafitti wall at Facebook and walked away with $200 million? - Wow! That was a cool story]
- 3rd choice of desk space in the office.
- Control of the office music when 1&2 are out.
- Lots of coffee, we have a coffee problem here at 8Bit.
- Xbox One, Oculus DK2, Leap and other fun things to play with during downtime :)
- You'll be challenged daily and you'll learn a lot!
- Most importantly, you'll have a whole lot of fun.
So what do we need from you?
- A sense of humour.
- The ability to communicate fluently with other humans - preferably in English.
- Either live in Cape Town or be willing to move to Cape Town - we hate Skype.
- An eye for design and a desire for perfection.
- A love of big data and the secrets that lie within it.
- Know what this is 00111000 01100010 01101001 01110100 and understand why we love it.
- HTML5/CSS3/JQuery front-end ninja like code skills across multiple devices.
- Amazon AWS guru like skills.
- Experience in front-end web technologies [HTML5, CSS3, JS, etc.]
- GitHub experience.
- Mobile development experience - iOs/Android.
- Big data analysis.
- DB Analysis and optimisation.
- Machine Learning expertise.
If you think you have what it takes and want to join a fast growing, fun loving startup then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your details, your CV and anything that may help you stand out from the crowd.
We're looking forward to knighting our No. 3
All the best
1 & 2